Frederick Stocken is a composer whose commissioned, recorded and broadcast music ranges from organ and choral pieces to orchestral works. His publications include not only compositions, but also musicological writing and keyboard tutors. He is Organist of St George’s Cathedral, Southwark, in London, and a well known teacher of organ and music theory at all levels.
For clips of Frederick’s music go to this link at Soundcloud.
* Lament for Bosnia: top of the classical charts in Tower Records for several weeks following its premiere at the Barbican.
* First Symphony: commissioned for the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and premiered in the Royal Albert Hall, London, and broadcast on Classic FM.
* Second Symphony: premiered at St John’s Smith Square by the Young Musicians’ Symphony Orchestra.
* Alice, a ballet: commissioned for the State Theatre in Giessen, Germany.
* Missa Pacis:commissioned for the London Oratory.
* Violin Concerto: performed by Adam Summeryhayes and the Surrey Sinfonietta at St John’s, Smith Square, London.
* Recent commissions: Chichester Service for the Southern Cathedrals Festival 2019 and also in 2019 Gaudete in Domino for handbell choir from Rikkyo University, Japan.
* Recent publications include Archangelsand Faith, Love, Hope, for organ: published by Banks Music.